Alleviate pain and restore natural motion
Now you don’t have to choose between an active lifestyle, and living pain free. You can have both with the Accu-Joint™ Implant .
Discover how the Accu-Joint™ Implant restores natural function and motion
Why you have foot pain
The big toe joint, also known as the first MTP joint, is critically important for maintaining an active lifestyle. The big toe absorbs an estimated one-third of body weight while standing, and forces of 2-3x your body weight during exercise.
Roughly 1 in 40 people over the age of 50 experience bunion deformity and arthritis which causes a reduction in MTP joint space and limits the ability to move the toes or bear body weight. Over time everyday foot function becomes severely limited and the pain can become debilitating.
"I got my life back. I got my ability to do things back, and I’m pain free. Previous to the Accu-Joint™ Implant there was actually no other option for me...so the Accu-Joint™ Implant basically saved my life. The Accu-Joint™ Implant surgery was the best thing I ever did."
— Aly, Accu-Joint™ Implant Patient
Refuse to fuse!
Joint fusion is currently the most prevalent way to treat MTP joint disorders. But joint fusion is an irreversible and life-altering procedure that should only be used as a last resort. While joint fusion does reduce MTP joint pain, it also makes it impossible to bend your big toe.
Joint fusion Immobilizes the joint
Joint fusion is currently the most prevalent way to treat MTP joint disorders. But joint fusion is a life-altering procedure that should only be undertaken as a last resort.
- Immobilizes the joint and eliminates motion
- Weight-bearing after 6 weeks
- 6-8 weeks recovery
- Can result in pain in other parts of the foot
The Accu-Joint™ Implant restores joint motion
The Accu-Joint™ Implant is designed to treat an arthritic joint and restore the natural function of the joint so that the natural movement of your toe is preserved.
- Restores joint motion
- Weight-bearing on day one
- Short, active recovery period
- Reduces or removes joint pain
3 Simple Steps to Restoring your Joint
Getting started with the Accu-Joint™ ImplantWatch the 3D patient demo
1. Request Information
Request information about the Accu-Joint™ Implant and see if you are a fit for the procedure.
2. Get the Accu-Joint™ Implant
A specialized surgeon utilizes advanced technology to perform a Accu-Joint™ Implant restoration in an outpatient setting.
3. Return to Your Active Life
The Accu-Joint™ Implant is weight-bearing on day one so you can get back to living an active lifestyle.
Get back on your feet quickly
Here is a typical recovery timeline for the Accu-Joint™ Implant procedure, however your experience may be different depending on your doctor’s recommendations and your specific condition. Be sure to ask your doctor what your recovery process will look like.What to Expect
Day of your surgery
Implant is full weight-bearing in a protected surgical shoe.
7 Days Post-Op
1st doctor visit
Dressing change & wound inspection.
14 days Post-Op
2nd doctor visit
Stitches are removed and range-of-motion exercises can begin.
21 days Post-Op
3rd doctor visit
Transition to a supportive sneaker and increase activity as you can tolerate it.
- It is designed to replace the cartilage in your joint so that the natural movement of your toe is preserved as opposed to having a fusion, which eliminates the ability of your toe to bend.
- The Accu-Joint™ Implant is intended to be non-weight bearing and rely on the hard bone of your toe to support body weight, particularly during exercise when the weight of the body placed on your toes can double or even triple.
- The procedure is straightforward, usually takes less than an hour and patients are expected to begin putting weight on their toe soon after surgery.