Alleviate pain and restore natural motion
The Accu-Joint® system is a revolutionary, FDA-approved treatment for MTP joint disorders that is designed to restore natural motion and preserve your active lifestyle.
Now you don’t have to choose between an active lifestyle, and living pain free. You can have both with the Accu-Joint®.
Watch our 3 minute informational video
Learn more about the Accu-Joint™
Refuse to fuse!
Joint fusion is currently the most prevalent way to treat MTP joint disorders. But joint fusion is an irreversible procedure that should only be used as a last resort. While joint fusion does reduce MTP joint pain, it also makes it impossible to bend your big toe.
Joint fusion destroys the joint
- Destroys the joint
- Eliminates range of motion
- Weight-bearing after 6 weeks
- 6-8 weeks recovery
- Can result in pain in other parts of the foot
The Accu-Joint® restores joint motion
- Preserves the joint
- Restores joint motion
- Weight-bearing on day one
- Short, active recovery period
- Reduces or removes joint pain
“The Accu-Joint® is the only implant I’ve seen that has patients back on their feet on day one, and that is designed to restore full motion in the MTP joint. It’s the only choice for people that want to alleviate pain and remain active.”
— Dr. Aaron Shemenski, DPM, FACFAS
Get back on your feet quickly
Here is a typical recovery timeline for the Accu-Joint® procedure, however your experience may be different depending on your doctor’s recommendations and your specific condition. Be sure to ask your doctor what your recovery process will look like.What to expect
Day of your surgery
Implant is full weight-bearing in a protected surgical shoe.
7 days post-op
1st doctor visit
Dressing change & wound inspection.
14 days post-op
2nd doctor visit
Stitches are removed and range-of-motion exercises can begin.
21 days post-op
3rd doctor visit
Transition to a supportive sneaker and increase activity as you can tolerate it.
Frequently asked questions
- It is designed to replace the cartilage in your joint so that the natural movement of your toe is preserved as opposed to having a fusion, which eliminates the ability of your toe to bend.
- The Accu-Joint® is intended to be non-weight bearing and rely on the hard bone of your toe to support body weight, particularly during exercise when the weight of the body placed on your toes can double or even triple.
- The procedure is straightforward, usually takes less than an hour and patients are expected to begin putting weight on their toe soon after surgery.